May 24, 2014

Pit Bulls at The Dog Park: It's a Loaded Gun Sich

Pit Bulls at The Dog Park:  It's a Loaded Gun Situation







21 hrs via iOS 
 

A dog is not a trend. It is a life. It is not cool to have a pitbull or a particular breed because you want to be in. Dogs take work, money, and time and if you don't have it don't get one. I am tired of seeing all these unwanted pets put down because you wanted to be cool. Fix you pet dammit. Adopt don't procreate. And above all this life MATTERS




copied and inspiration from the facebook of Marty Bragg.......



Chloe Louise 

Ronnie and I like this a lot...........since I have had Ronnie, pit mix, I have never 

really been able to go to the dog park and sit down and relax and drink my Starbuck's. 



That's what people don't realize.......while Ronnie is the best dog--he is not prey driven--he has 

never hurt anyone--I got him because he was good with old cats--he is confident, he is not 

afraid or anything like that--but, oh my gosh, if a fight breaks out he wants to be the first one in 

it.




He can hear a fight and run to it before I can even see what is going on. 





He minds and I am careful 

to not go to the park when there is too much activity and I go home if I feel danger is around 

but, truthfully, it is always a precarious situation--from what he might potentially do (he is a 

dog) or what other dogs do. 





He has never attacked anyone but he has been attacked--the 

attacks happen in a split second. He does, however, like to engage in real, real rough playing. 

That kind of playing can escalate to real fighting quickly where he would not listen and 

someone would be hurt so I quit letting him play like that if at all possible. 





The other thing--if 

Ronnie just did anything there are always people ready to accuse pits of anything--I would die 

if something tried to take him away from me. 



Having a pit and going to the dog park is a loaded 

gun situation and you just always have to be ready to act....because once dogs start fighting in 

that certain way or if there is a gang-up there is not too much anyone can do. 




I've seen it happen so many times.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment