Jan 18, 2015

I Just Love Listening to Joan Hamburg On The Radio......





Joan Hamburg Returns to New York Radio Airwaves


  • 0
    SHARES
By Richard Horgan
Fans of Joan Hamburg were very unhappy with WOR 710 AM when the station unceremoniously dumped her earlier this year, without the chance to do a farewell show. But after a summer recharging, the veteran radio personality has returned.
JoanHamburgPic
Starting this Saturday at 1 p.m., the 79-year-old “First Lady of New York Radio” will host a two-hour weekly show on WABC 770 AM. From this week’s glorious announcement:
Hamburg will continue discussing the most important social, economic and political issues that impact listeners’ lives each week. Hamburg will also interview major celebrities and powerful political figures on the program.
Hamburg will also produce weekly features and exclusive programs available in digital formats. In addition, The Joan Hamburg Show programs pre-empted by sports play-by-play will be presented on the 77 WABC stream and within other 77 WABC digital products.
“How excited I am to join legendary WABC radio and work with Kim Bryant, Craig Schwalb and the rest of the Cumulus family,” said Hamburg. “And what a treat to join their roster of the best talk talent in the country. New York get ready – the conversation is about to begin.”
At Michael’s this summer, here’s how Hamburg described the WOR parting when she crossed paths with our “Lunch” columnist Diane Clehane:
“I didn’t see it coming,” Hamburg said. “I never in a million years thought this would happen. I’m still trying to process.”
She recalled the events of that day for me like this: “I was getting ready to go on the air when saw someone from human resources and I thought, ‘Someone is sick and they’re going to ask me to go on for them.'” Instead, she was shown the door that day without any warning. While she admits that the station has the right to let anyone go, she calls the decision to deprive listeners of a proper farewell as “despicable” saying “I love my audience and they deserved better.”
This consummate pro respected by all who know her remains optimistic. “I’m the ultimate Pollyanna,” she said with a smile. “For all of us, there is life out there. Every ending is a new beginning.”
Hamburg was inducted into the New York State Broadcasters’ Hall of Fame in 2012. Welcome back, Joan!


and here is a link to the page:

http://www.adweek.com/fishbowlny/joan-hamburg-wabc/227892?red=ny


from the ronnie re........



Always listening to talk radio and I have been listening to Geraldo on WABC for over a year now....Recently moving to wichita and looking for good talk radio, Geraldo is really a well done show and hard to beat as he knows the news, the international news, all the big talkers go on his show and most importantly of all......he is not afraid of an opinion different than his.  Then I discovered Curtis and Kuby....hilarious and equally informative.  Now I love Joan Hamburg, as well.  Planning on visiting New York to see Letterman, Joan has all of the tips on the shows and where to eat.  I always listen to Joan now live or on the podcast because I love her friendly voice and she has great information and recipes....she is very interesting, as well.  As far as I can see or hear,  WABC is one of the best talk radio and information stations on the radio today.  I also listen to Larry Mendte on Sunday evenings and he often fills in for Geraldo.  He is an excellent reporter, too.  Now, I do not always agree with Larry but he always researches his facts for the show very well....love to write about him on my blog.    Thank you for your time and best of luck to Joan......the station is lucky to have her.



Please share your thoughts on the radio......agree or disagree.....everyone is welcome.........

No comments:

Post a Comment